Monday, July 28, 2008

The Not So Perfect Storm

I was on full alert last night. Around 11:30pm or so, a huge storm blew into our area. I tried my best to protect the people from it by sticking as close to them as I could and constantly pacing the around house. The tall one had gotten out of bed and was checking out the crazy wind and rain from the back porch when we all heard the loudest noise EVER. The short one jumped out of bed from her sleep, saying her ear actually hurt a little from the loud boom. The tall one came rushing in from the outside. The little one...well...he didn't even make a peep. After looking around through the windows, they found that a tree in our yard, often speculated to be the tallest one in the neighborhood, was struck by lightning right outside the bedrooms...scary. Here are some pics I had the tall one snap this morning while I recovered from my long night of being "on duty".






1 comment:

Norm said...

Looks like squirrel damage to me. Lightning would've left burn marks or something. Maybe a neighbor was shooting fireworks in the street.

That was a scary storm though. My dim-witted bald person stood at the glass back door and watched the trees shake loose a butt load of branches. Every time a big gust of wind hit, the bit tree towering over our house would lean over as far as possible. Baldy usually took a few steps back when that happened. I stood at his side to protect him as long as I could. After a while, I decided to go protect my girl people. They both did a lot of sleeping. That was much easier work.