Thursday, August 28, 2008

Even Dogs Need Their Veggies

I haven't blogged much in the past few months, as the little one has been keeping me on my toes. Now that he's mobile, I am constantly having to stay alert so I can run away from him when he tries to grab my paws or fur. Last night, they were all playing on the floor in his room and I decided to do a "drive-by" as an attempt to play with him. I had been pacing around the room constantly, letting him chase me, and when he least expected it I quickly walked past him and gave him a "rawr" (similar to the sound of a baby bear). The tall and short ones thought it was hilarious and I got some attention out of it so it was well worth the effort.

Now...on to my story about veggies. They're not my favorite of all the human foods, but I've taken a liking to them lately. The food of choice this week has been peas and carrots and the little one seems to love them. He's gotten quite good at feeding himself, but he still misses his mouth every once in a while. I've developed a system for feeding time and I'm benefiting from it greatly. First, I man my new position while he eats. I do not move and I do not blink until I see something fall to the floor...


Then, I stick around until after the short one picks him up because there's usually some goodness waiting for me in his seat...


It's very rewarding and he usually leaves me a stash. (She doesn't know it, but it's all part of the "secret plan" I have with the little guy. We talk about it at night in his room after the old ones go to bed.)

No comments: