Sunday, January 7, 2007

Christmas Rocks!

To save time in my busy life, I've decided to combine my thank you note to my cousin, Fred, and my latest post. Fred is the first cousin I had, and about the only dog that I get along with, so I feel that it is necessary to maintain a friendly relationship since I don't really like anyone else of my kind. Hence...the need for a thank you note.

Dear Fred,

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to say thank you for my awesome stereo bone that you got me for Christmas. I admit that I was a little leery of it at first and didn't really know what to do with it. The first time I heard it make that noise, I pretty much freaked out -- I quickly dropped it and looked at it like it had just betrayed me. I did that a few times, but eventually learned that it was a "fun" sound and now I like to jump around with it in my mouth, shake my head a lot and (my most favorite) thrust it under the couch and whine...constantly...until they get it out for me. Then, I start the whole process over again. It's awesome!

They took a video of me playing with it (it's a little dark), though it does not show my finest mad skills...which is why I chose to just creepily stare at her when I realized she was videoing the whole thing. Imagine my disgust...here I am, trying out some new techniques, and she busts me. GOSH. No privacy! I guess I'll have to do my perfecting when they're at work from now on.

Love,
Bailey







Here is a picture of my cousin, Fred, from last Christmas:



My people think it is hilarious to give me "bug eyes" with my cool new bone. How humiliating! I think I'll go lay my "tail" on their pillows while they're gone tomorrow.



3 comments:

Fred said...

Hey Bailey, I noticed that YOU were gifted by my humans with a "STEREO-PHONIC" squeek toy.
All of my LAME squeekers are "mono", and are not at all gratifying. I am putting in for a "surround sound" dolby (TM) bone.....we'll see.
By the way, I didn't fall for the old "stuff the treat in the bone" trick........it's all a cleverly devised scheme designed to provide "enrichment", but my idea of enrichment is a t-bone steak covered with bacon grease!!!
Peace out dog.

Norm said...

Whoa, that bone is crazy! Katie was playing the video and I had to come from across the room to see what was going on. I watched with my ears perked.

Looks like you did a number on your foot. I guess that happened during the adventure race?

BaileyDog said...

The man-owner did not take me with him on the adventure race. I'm still quite upset about that because I love nothing more than running through the woods. BTW, my foot doesn't look anything like that ugly man-foot. It is much better suited for rocky, muddy terrain...