Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Canine University Day 4 and 5, etc.

Because of Memorial Day we covered two weeks worth of material in just one action-packed evening. We did a lot of walking around cones, stopping, and restarting. Whoopdy-freakin'-do... I chose not to comply with the short one. I'm not really sure why, it just felt right. They've got me doing a new thing, it's quite liberating actually. They are telling me to stand, instead of just sitting and lying down. This is interesting because it pretty much goes against everything they've ever taught me, but I really love treats, so I'll do whatever. I was also able to express my disgust for any type of dog bedding. I refused to lie down on a big, smelly, hairy dog pillow. I'll lie on the cold, hard concrete thank you very much.

Now I'll share with you some other things we've done lately...

There was a baby Robin that jumped the nest last week. I got a great picture of it, choosing not to eat it, but to let it thrive in the wilderness of our backyard.


On Monday, we loaded up the car and I moped a bit at first since I thought they were either taking me to the vet or class (since that's the only place they take me these days)...


To my surprise, we turned toward Castlewood Park (among my favorites). Eventually I figured out that we would see some really great views and take in a little Meramec River goodness.

No comments: