Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Canine University Day 2

First off, I'm a chick magnet...

I took the owners to Qdoba, a mexican Subway, and while the short one was inside ordering the food, I took the tall one for a walk along the strip mall. Whilst strolling, two chicks stopped me and demanded that they be allowed a thorough petting. This was alright by me, but the tall one kept ruining the whole thing by reminding these hotties that the short one was inside getting the food... so much for that.

School was boring, basically an extension of what I taught them last week. I made sure to run to the correct person each time I told them to call me. We did some "heel" commands, where I stop the walkee and restart them a couple times, with a turn thrown in for good measure.

I also met a new dog friend (sort of). His name is Buster, and he is a Hurricane Katrina dog. He's a little mixed up, for two reasons:
  1. He doesn't really know for sure what breed he is. He's got Cattle Dog spots on his back, but he looks like Norm in the face (which is it buddy?)
  2. He thinks it's OK to sniff me.
More later...

1 comment:

Norm said...

A dog that looks like me? He must be one good looking dog.

My favorite thing about school was the big mirror that completely covered one of the walls. While demonstrating my excellent abilities to trot across the room to one of my people, I liked to watch myself. I was quite impressed with how handsome and graceful I looked. All of the other dogs must have been jealous. That is probably why I had to sit behind a screen for most of the classes.